MumKey Review : Café Forest Friends

Ladies and gents it is time again for a review of some place or some thing! As per usual the review will be honest and real. 

The review we have compiled is of a local gem called Cafe Forest Friends

To find Cafe forest friends; follow the link on Google maps below:


So , as usual , when I arrived I was greeted by a friendly waitress, where after Lorinda and I had a lovely chat about how this venue and concept came to be. Mittal & an NPO were hosting skills development courses for women in rural areas (shoutout to women empowerment whoop whoop!),  when one of the ladies asked Lorinda why she didn't consider opening up her own spot. 

Considering how HANDS ON she is, I understand why she waited for the right time!




Okay, so before I get into what they do, stock and what I actually Reviewed - let's just admire their raw salad and note that every meal ordered is MADE FRESH. 

(photo from an actual party) 


Here's a fact list of what they do/have: 

- They are Not licensed *yet*
- They are Wheelchair friendly
- Everything made fresh
- Vegan friendly and extending vegan range including : Almond and Oats milk
- Products are locally sourced. They support local because they are Weskus but in their own authentic way.
-They Stock products that aren't stocked at average market/deli for example: Spekboom relish - which tastes A-MAAAAZING.
- They have a FREE WiFi and charging station
- They host parties for ALL AGES and can even do 2 separate parties in a single day 
- They use unique decor for each event
- They also have a few cute animals such as chickens, ducks and dwarf goats
-THEY ARE CLOSED ON MONDAYS and TUESDAYS
- For winter they'll be providing heaters, lap blankets and change up their menu to accomodate their client's needs in cold weather.



In the future they plan to host Art mornings, book club and much more. 

AND,

For the readers who LOVE their TEA...

They plan to stock an entire range of teas in the future. 
Look at these gorgeous sets... 
One could go there even just for this! 


If you'd like to check out Cafe forest friends urban farm on their group on social media click here or check out their friendly homely atmosphere by paying them a visit by clicking this link!


Because I'm a mum its super important that wherever I go, its Easy to have my baby girl with me (at least when I can control where I need to be). I absolutely LOVE the fact that they have a play are with a jungle gym and sand pit. We've even had a "mom group meet up" here before!



RIGHT! So Now that you've seen a taste of what this place is all about - let's review some of the products I tested: 

First off... Who is this Amanda, and where is her home because this pasta salad is so incredibly creamy and delicious!!! 
After a taste of the salad on its own, I coupled it with frys family chicken style strips. I was full, satisfied and I still felt like I had a healthy meal even though the salad is quite sweet (which I personally love). 


Product number one is a definite win! 

How adorable is this owl. As someone who *tries to* practice minimalism - this was a perfect piece to add to my decor style. You can feel the quality and honestly with the variety of pottery items available you are bound to find something to your taste. Although I spotted a few that I really liked, I stuck to my minimalist journey and got something that I knew would fit the home's aesthetic! From bright colors to calming shapes and designs-there is something to cater to everyone... All bespoke... All beautifully crafted. 
I felt like this was the perfect spot for Hooty. (yes, I named him) 

This little bug, was given to my daughter to place in our garden.. 
And we did 

Buggy was a hit with my little girl. This is sharp and obviously has googly eyes, so please do not leave your child to play with this. It's these small, fun pieces that can attract our Littles to gardening. How fun for them to learn and play while also teaching them something that can be invaluable in the future! They happen to have a wide variety of plants available for purchase as well. 

Last but not least we have this canabliss honey. I got to admit I was a little worried about this because I am generally not a fan of honey...But really if you chuck some of this in your tea/coffee, it adds a delightful taste to your cuppa!

I was told it's slow release and to use a teaspoon around 7pm. I'm not sure what long-term benefits this can have (if any), but if you're someone struggling with ptsd or anxiety etc, this may well help for at least a decent night's rest. 

*disclaimer : I'm not a doctor or a medical professional. This my opinion only. Please consult a Healthcare professional to diagnose or treat illnesses*

******honey is very dangerous for babies and infants this article explains why

I know people still find cannabis to be controversial, but honestly if you haven't seen all the benefits by now, then you must be living under a rock. Obviously this only applies to quality products!

All in all I'd say this is a nice treat for a meet-up, family gathering or even a party... Definitely a nice pop-in option if you're looking for something to do.

To get a review on your product/Service, or to place an ad on our site, contact us at: Mumkeyza@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Prep for a Leap

Review : Fry's Family