Review : Fry's Family


Yes! It's here as promised! A baby-approved review of a very interesting food brand!

Why this brand? Well... I wanted to check out vegetarian/vegan options for our BLW journey, since I felt like it would be lighter on my little one's digestive system. 

What's their vibe? Here's what they say on their website: The original idea behind Fry’s was to find a way to make nutritious products for our family who are all passionate about plant-based diets. Back when we started in 1991 most people thought we were crazy. “Plants that look and taste like meat, made in your kitchen!?” Okay, maybe we were crazy, but with passion and determination, great things can happen. Now, a few decades on, the fully fledged second generation family business, a larger family (and a few grandchildren), we wanted to bring you some more amazingly good tasting plant-based foods, which will leave you feeling good!

Personally-I LOVE the fact that a family started this together, and of course I was curious about how 'good' these products tasted. So here is my review as well as a star 🌟 mark out of 5 for how much my daughter liked each product we tried in the range. 

Baby tastebuds: 🌟🌟
This has a bit of a curry taste to it and I think that's what put my little off. It crumbled to pieces a bit too easily for my liking and generally I can't say it's the tastiest thing I've ever experienced, but it wasn't bad. Since it's not viable for myself and my daughter, this will not be added to the shopping list next month. 
Baby tastebuds: 🌟🌟🌟
This taste was extraordinarily similar to the'real deal'. I was very impressed with the texture, the taste AND the ease with which I was able to get this ready! Ava didn't really eat much of this, but what she tasted she seemed to enjoy! I would probably buy this again. 
Baby tastebuds: 🌟🌟🌟
Mine and the mini me's opinions on this one differs. While she seems to love these strips, they are not particularly my favourite. They taste okay, but really  the flavour was a bit meh. I had to eat this with a bit of sauce to enjoy it. Ava had a great time eating these though! I would buy this again for my little one's snacks. 
Baby tastebuds: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Oh. My. Word. This was the most amazing nugget I have ever tasted in my life. Meat or otherwise. The flavour was fantastic, and my daughter actually ATE when I made these. She can barely contain herself when I make this and, frankly, neither can I. I would absolutely buy this again!!! Absolute win! 

 Baby tastebuds:🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Guys & gals, the solution to your processed meat dilemma has arrived!!!! Whenever I think of finger foods, viennas come to mind. Honestly, I worry about what goes into those things and I hardly want to give that to my little one when I worry even for myself. These are DELICIOUS!!! My mini had a GREAT time chowing down on this. I can definitely include this in our monthly shopping.

There are still a few other products left to try, but I felt like this was a good range to give a review on. 

I'm summary - I'd be very happy to add these plant-based options to our regular meal plan. I find it really easy to put together and it's great for a BLW mommy! The stuff is pretty pricey, but I reckon the quality makes it worth it, especially for babies with tummy worries! 

Have you tried any of their products? What did you think? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Prep for a Leap

MumKey Review : Café Forest Friends